- Find the destination you want to visit and place your order. You will make a deposit, pay the balance, and ultimately receive a “Surf Voucher”.
- Using the information on your “Surf Voucher” contact the destination (with our help as needed), confirm your reservation, and sort out the details directly with them.
- Take care of all the trip logistics (like flights) and enjoy your trip!
How does Surf Travel Specials find great deals?
We have created “Surf Travel Specials” to aggregate the best specials and offers across the surf travel realm into one convenient location. Our site features select surf travel experiences at great values. We have partnerships with a multitude of surf travel operators all over the world and the experience to provide surf advice and logistical support from people who have been to these spots and surfed these waves to make your travel experience the best it can possibly be.
Do I need to sign up for anything?
No. Our service does not require any special log-ins or require you to be involved in any membership programs. Simply browse our exclusive surf travel specials, find the one you like, and buy it!
How do I book a trip?
After you purchase a deposit voucher from the offer detail page, Surf Travel Specials will e-mail you a copy of your invoice with general information about your trip. You will then have a 48 hour grace period before the final trip confirmation. If you are ready to pay the balance without the grace period please respond to our confirmation e-mail and give us the go-ahead to proceed as planned.
In most cases your trip balance will be processed on the same card used for the deposit, a 1.9% processing fee is added as a pass along cost. Alternative methods of final payment by check or wire is available upon request. Once the final payment is processed, the final voucher will be sent via e-mail.
Here are the detailed steps to follow:
- Find the surf travel deal that’s right for you.
- “The Offer” will include one set price that includes all of the relevant taxes.
- Write down the Voucher ID# to confirm the special you want on the purchase page. This is found on the “Buy Your Voucher” button.
- Click the Buy Your Voucher button and follow the instructions to purchase your voucher
- All payments are encrypted and secure.
- Process the deposit and trip balance to receive your final voucher.
- Contact the surf travel resort or boat, as specified on your voucher, and work directly with them to sort out the details of your trip. We will help coordinate those details and connect you with their contact if necessary.
- Reserve your trip within your specified travel window.
- Send the surf resort or boat any information they may request.
- Book the flights you need, we are happy to help with those details too.
- Have a great trip!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find more information about these locations?
These offers are created and regulated by the individual surf resorts and boats themselves. Each offer detail page includes the following information:
- Overview of the resort or boat
- Offer details
- Offer Summary
- ‘Buy this Voucher’ purchase button (Please note the ID#)
- Includes / Does not include
- Link to official website
- Image Gallery
This information provided is brief and to the point. We encourage you to do as much research as possible, visit the website link, and of course contact us with any specific questions you might have. Please take extra care to check and understand the details in the offer before you make any voucher purchase.
What is a voucher?
A voucher is confirmation that you have purchased an offer. Follow the instructions included in the voucher to communicate directly with the surf resort or boat and plan out the details of your trip. We are also happy to coordinate your trip directly with the merchant and answer any questions you might have.
Can I give my voucher to someone else to use?
Yes, a voucher can be used by anyone regardless of who it was issued to.
Are there alternative ways to purchase a voucher?
If you are uncomfortable with making a reservation online or have questions about the offer please use the information below to contact us:
World Wave Expeditions
629 Camino de los Mares Suite 101
San Clemente, Ca 92673
Contact Name: Anthony Marcotti
Which credit cards do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card.
Is it safe to use my credit card on your site?
Yes. We encrypt all payment information using Secure Socket Layer Technology making the information unreadable to anyone on the web.
Is there a service charge or any fees?
We do not charge any service charges to purchase our offers. The system we use to track inventory and process payments will add $12 to any deposit as a separate line item but that is included in the total cost. The only fee is the 1.9% credit card processing fee which is processed with your final balance and is strictly a pass along cost.
How do I sign up for your e-mail notification service?
I’m having a problem ordering from your website. What should I do?
Contact us and we will take your order via e-mail or by phone.
I did not receive an order confirmation. What should I do?
Most likely the order confirmation ended up in your junk mail, so we recommend checking there first. To avoid this problem in the future please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
If you don’t find the order confirmation in your junk mail, please contact us and we will resend the order confirmation which includes your voucher.
What if I can’t make the trip and have to cancel?
After the final payment is made the trip is non-refundable but fully transferable. We encourage all of our guests to purchase travel insurance immediately after making a reservation and receiving your voucher. If you do have to cancel and can’t find a person to replace you please contact the travel insurance company and work out the details with them. We will be happy to supply them with any information necessary.
Who is behind Surf Travel Specials?
My name is Anthony Marcotti. I have been fortunate to have founded Kandui Resort in Indonesia, managed the Indies Trader fleet of boats, and currently own and operate World Wave Expeditions which is the driving force behind Surf Travel Specials. Since 2001 we have sent over 12,000 people on the best surf trips in the world, mainly to Indonesia.